BOC: Super Hits

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Jul 22 09:38:09 EDT 1998

>"One of the first of the truly heavy metal bands, Blue
Oyster Cult remains one of the most sophisticated. A
literate lyric approach and the guitar fire of Donald
'Buck Dharma' Roeser made the difference. An ace riff
master, Buck Dharma is one of the greatest rock guitarists
to ever strap on a six string. His simultaneous mastery
of ultimate power chords and tumultuous lead playing
continously demand the listener's attention. Throughout
the seventies and eighties, Blue Oyster Cult dominated
rock 'n' roll audiences with their ceaseless touring and
steady flow of album releases which included such classic
thinking person's rock 'n' roll songs as "The Red And
The Black", "This Ain't The Summer Of Love", and the
lighter but no less meaningful "Don't Fear The Reaper"
and "Godzilla", all of which are here on this Super Hits
Collection."

Revisionist will doubtlessly proclaim "Buck Dharma and Blue Oyster
Cult."

Who wrote the liner notes John?  Any idea?

> I wonder what it'll sound like in Surround?????  Ha.  I'll still have to
> get it tho'.
>
> Chris.

>It'll probably just sound like you're "surrounded" by crap.  ; )

WORD!

Ghost in the Ruins

OB The numbers - 78 days to King's X / 121 days to Al DiMeola