OFF: Monster Magnet

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Jul 23 12:54:34 EDT 1998

When I first heard of them in 92(?) they were described as Hawkwind
crossed with Black Sabbath, whi off tho buy their "Evil" 12".  WHich was
exactly that (and a Howlin Wolf cover to boot).  So there you go -
psychedelic Sabbath with blues overtones.  Buy anything you can.  Much
as I love the new "Powertrip", I still prefer "Dopes To Infinity".  But
they are superb.

Zeit
obcd Wet WIllie - Greatest Hits

>>From discussion on the list, I know there's at least a smattering of

> Monster Magnet fans on the list. I've never heard the band myself,
> but my (alternative) radio station just started playing Space Lord,
> and the music director told me he thinks I'd like it. What are these
> guys like?
>
> P.S. - I'm not much of a Hawkwind fan, if that helps.
>
> --  Nick

ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER at http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com

Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Tel: 0966-389732  Fax: 0131-467-1827