OFF: Monster Magnet

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Jul 24 00:25:19 EDT 1998

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, David G wrote:

> Take decent "Trance Music" (if tht's not a contradiction)  turn up the
> volume,  replace the synths with guitars,  turn down the lights and play
> loud!  The correspondance on the list convinced me to try them,  i
> started with Tab and am still recovering.

If you like _25..... Tab_, then you MUST get _Spine of God_ (probably
its closest sibling).  The albums after that move away from the "pure"
stoner rock to more of a rock/metal feel (though still really tasty).

Oh, and Carl is dead on about "Bummer" off _Powertrip_.  A dead ringer
for "Time We Left This World Today," except without the super bass
freakout...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Hash Jar Tempo, _Well Oiled_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix