OFF: Mick Farren

Tue Jul 28 07:23:01 EDT 1998

Just got my copy of the newly re-issued Japanese CD of Mick's _Vampires
Stole My Lunch Money_ album from 1978...  yes of course I always had the
vinyl...  anyway it's well worth getting for all you youngsters, there's
guitars by Larry Wallis, Wilko Johnson and Andy Colquhoun, a Zappa cover,
backing vox from Chrissie Hynde and Sonja Kristina (!), tracks like "Half
Price Drinks", "Drunk in the Morning", and "I Want a Drink"...  essential!

(Also got _The Black Light_ by Calexico, aka the other two guys from Giant
Sand, which is utterly brilliant!)

- Andy