OFF: Brain Surgeons make L.A. Commie rag top 10!!

Tue Jul 28 09:33:22 EDT 1998

>yes, the brain surgeons (whom i've never heard, by the way) were listed in the
l.a. weekly's top 10 metal releases this year.

Would that be *Malpractise*?

You should check out tBS, by the way...

>i don't have the "rag" in
front of me but this holier-than-thou critic said it had been several years
since he took hard rock/metal seriously on account of its past
excesses/retreads/hokeyness.

So, um, any of us could have written it?  ;-)

Seriously though, I'd be very interested to read this.

>one was vixen's NEW ALBUM, automatically calling into question said
crit's wits,

Hey!  Vixen's new album, *Tangerine*, is actually pretty cool.  A much
heavier album than their old ones (where they were sort of a pre-processed
all-girl 80s metal band - a female version of Ratt, Great White, and Poison).
The new album is sort of Vixen meets Veruca Salt - I like it (then again,
maybe I just still have a thing for Roxy Petrucci...)

Besides, we all probably have some favorite band or album (Club Ninja
anyone?  just kidding...) that would cause the rest of us to question
our wits...

>so, i guess my point is that
west coast communist sympathisers with bad taste like the brain surgeons!

Was this based solely on album review or were live shows considered (tBS
did a west coast tour last summer).

John