OFF: Better popular bands??

Tue Jul 28 21:01:21 EDT 1998

On tis 28 jul 1998 18.54 -0400 "Keith Henderson" <henderson.120 at OSU.EDU>
wrote:
> Well, whatever the case, no way am I going to recommend this band to
> everyone simply on account of them being the only progressive-type artist
> have people's attention at the moment.

     I would never have imagined anyone describing Radiohead as
progressive!  They are pretty much what chart-dazzled students
at Cambridge consider a "cool" rock band (and everything I've
had to hear has been relentlessly unremarkable--I recall their
once-upon-a-time hit "Creep" had a catchy riff and, um, that's
all I can remember ... :)

Cheers,
Carl

--