OFF: Better popular bands??

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed Jul 29 07:32:50 EDT 1998

> From:          "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>

> > Gov't Mule are *THE* power trio of the 90s!  They have excellent
> > musicianship, and know how to jam hard.

Man, you know that!  Seen GM  3 times now, and never been less than
blown away...

> Tell me...is Warren Haynes, late of Allman Bros., in this band? If
> so, what's his status with the Allmans? I know they're on tour this
> summer. Is Mule a side project for Haynes? What's the deal?

It started as a side project, but Warren and Woody are now full-time
with GM.  They were replaced by Jack Pearson and the amazing Otiel
Burbridge on gtr and bass respectively.  Have yet to hear the current
ABB lineup, but I'm told they're excellent.  I saw Otiel live once
with Aquarium Rescue Unit, and he's maybe the best there is.  Also an
incredible gtr player in ARU: Jimmy Herring.  Jimmy's kind of a cross
between John McLaughlin and Jeff Beck!  Absolutely amazing.  I think
all you Zappa fans would really dig ARU...

theo

"...Power in the hands of fools..."