OFF: Queens of the Stone Age/Kyuss

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Wed Jul 29 13:05:01 EDT 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>      Those interested in checking them out can find mp3 files
> of the Queens of the Stone Age (Josh Homme, Ben Shepherd, et al.)
> at the following site for the remainder of today anyway.
>
> http://tridox.cfug.org/queens/

I downloaded these, and am listening to it now, in fact.  One question:
what is this?  It obviously sounds like a live gig.  Did someone "beat
the boots" and convert a CD bootleg to MP3s?  Do you know where I can
get a track listing??

>      There are QotSA covers of Kyuss's "Green Machine" and
> "Thumb".  I've not heard them, since my aging computer doesn't
> do mp3's :/ but I expect they're worth a listen!

Hey, if my DEC 3000/500 Alpha AXP can do MP3s (albeit through a mono
baseboard audio device), then *anyone's* computer can!... ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.

obGig: Monster Magnet, Scooch's, Roanoke, 28th July, 1998

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix