OFF: Better popular bands??

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Thu Jul 30 03:09:18 EDT 1998

Well, he  appeared at the Zambiland Orchestra shindig, which was recorded
for release.  Don't know when.  But recently his main thing is Jazz Is
Dead., which as the name suggests is a jazz tribute to the Grateful Dead.
They've played all over the US and last I heard consisted of;
Jimmy Herring, T Lavitz[ex Dixie Dregs], Alphonso Johnson [ex Weather
Report/Santana], and the legendary Billy Cobham.
He's also in Frogwings, a seven piece put together by Uncle Butch Trucks
and Derek Trucks.  Oteil Burbridge from the Allmans is also on board and
apparently they're doing a jazz/blues/funk thing up and down the US East
Coast.

Zeit

Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>      Alas, I gather Jimmy Herring (an excellent guitar player
> and an _extremely_ nice guy) is without a fixed gig these days.
> Anyone know what he has been up to?

ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER at http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com

Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Tel: 0966-389732  Fax: 0131-467-1827