BOC: Superhits, hello FAQMAN

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Jul 30 11:27:45 EDT 1998

>I don't know, but I doubt it.  There was nothing to suggest in the liner
notes that it was (no notes like "BOC influenced everbody from fIREHOSE
to Iron Maiden").  I've never heard of any association between the 2
bands (other than after BOC, Iron Maiden was probably my personal
favorit
band in the early/mid 80s)

John

Hmmm...this reference to the compilation producer is pretty prominent on
the back of the disc which I found somehwat unusual.  I would think that
generally people would not care.  A real mystery...

...not as mysterious as Iron Maiden being your second fave in the
70/80's.  I don't know much about Maiden other than their rep for heavy,
heavy metal (and their album covers which always amaze me).  Still I
cannot picture you as a "Bill and Ted" type 8>).  You continue to amaze
with your diversity...

>Yeah, my point was really not against Alive, or even Alive II (although it's
nowhere near as good - but does capture KISS in 1977 pretty acurately),
but the fact that I didn't know to quit when I was ahead (and got Alive
III - actually, it sounds o.k., but the coolest stuff on there is their
old material).

Howls I understand completely.  Fortunately for me, the album that
followed Destroyer (Love Gun, I guess) was enough to convince me to stop
wasting dollars on KISS.  Hasn't most of their early stuff been
re-mastered ala Rush?  I'd love a re-master version of Alive I.

Special Note*  Don't know if there are any Dream Theater fans on this
list but DT will have a live double CD out in September.  Spans music
from each of their albums.  Nice looking set list.  DT will be opening
(alternating with ELP) for Deep Purple.

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins

OB BOC Song that may sound good on another band - Joan Crawford covered
by Savatage.  The Mountain King can play Alan's Keys easily and a gruff,
screaming banshee version of Eric's lyrics would sound good on Sav.