shameless appreciation

Si Halley sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Thu Jul 30 11:31:01 EDT 1998

Subject: Re: shameless appreciation

> > I'll even throw in a bonus:  Pat Boone's "No More Mister Nice Guy: In
> > a Metal Mood".

>One of the ads features Alice Cooper and Pat Boone. Which I guess is kind
>of shocking to the general public, but in reality these guys have
>actually become pretty good friends, and their friendship helped give
>Pat the inspiration for his "metal" album.

Not quite. They got together as part of the advertising for the album and
became friends. They appeared on some award show to present with Boone
dressed in leather and studs. Alice was asked to dress like Boone but
thought it would be too cheesy and declined. It`s all advertising really.
They`re not close or anything.
As an aside, the reason some people could find the Alice/Boone ads odd is
that in the seventies, Boone slated Alice as being a bad influence (and all
that crap) and said in print something like he wouldn`t let his children see
such a deprived show or words to that effect.
Seems to have changed his mind now.

Si
-----
"I`ve got 'some' answers to 'most' of your questions!"
The Alice Cooper Trivia File -
http://village.vossnet.co.uk/s/sihalley/intro.html
My Tubes Page - http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/7998/