OFF: Warren Haynes

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Jul 30 23:02:57 EDT 1998

On Thu, 30 Jul 1998, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

> I agree with your appreciation of GM, but I think Warren's solo album
> is a truly excellent effort.  Granted it's a lot mellower than GM,
> but it's still a rockin' album.

I wasn't trashing _Tales..._ by any means, just pointing out that it was
softer, and a very different kettle of fish to the Mule.  In fact, the
4/27/93 set I have is rather delicious, with some great playing from
Warren.  But it's not Mule.

> I heard him live in a small club in support of Tales...That was one
> amazing show.  Any idea who the road band was for that tour?

On the 4/27/93 set, Warren introduces the band as Steve Holly (drums),
Lincoln Schleifer(sp??) (bass), and Danny Lewis (keys?).  They all seem
to have played with some big names.

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD-R: Warren Haynes, Flood Zone, Richmond, 4/27/93

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix