shameless appreciation

Fri Jul 31 07:37:24 EDT 1998

On fre 31 jul 1998 04.40 +0000 "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM> wrote:
> Compared to some of the crap out there today, Alice
> is actually quite tame...and although I still "Love him to death", I
> can see why kids today would consider him kinda hokey and passe.

     In dunno how they do, though.  Alice played London not so
mmany months ago, and the gig was heavily subscribed by members
of the Cambridge Rock Society!  And Alice songs feature regularly
in DJ sets at the little rock club they run biweekly in Cambridge.
(I must be close to being the oldest person in the Society!)

     BTW, I DJ a set on Tuesday :)  BOC's "See You in Black" and
tBS's cover of Hawkwind's "Needle Gun" *shall* appear (along
with tracks from Orange Goblin, Spiritual Beggars, Cathedral,
Geezer, Motorhead, the Beatles, Cream, Kingston Wall ... :)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk