OFF: The party's at Zeit's

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Fri Jul 31 10:43:32 EDT 1998

>Well, over here I can see "Uncle Jah Wants You", "Electric Spanking Of War
Babies" by Funkadelic, a couple of Bootsy 12"ers, "Real Men Wear Black"
and"Word Up" by Cameo, some Ohio Players, early Earth, Wind & Fire, far
too
much Rick James, some George Clinton solo stuff [been playing "Hey
Man...Smell My Finger" a lot].  There's also a CD of early Parliament
material cunningly called "The Early Years", which is rather good.  Oh,
and a mini album by the P-Funk All Stars.  And that's just the stuff
I've played this month which hasn't been filed away!

You had to ask!

Zeit

Heeeeeyyyyyy -aaaa, there's a party over here, there's a party over
there.  There would definitely be a bumpin' party at Zeit's place.
Grandmaster Z?  How many turntables can ya handle at once. 8>)

>They've been mentioned in passing, but I've got to throw The Tea Party into
the ring.  My vote for most underrated band, and again a sublime mix of
70's dynamics, 90's production, classic songs and superb
instrumentation.

>So go buy "Splendor Solis", "The Edges Of Twilight" [featuring Roy Harper!]
and "Transmission".

I've recently heard some of their stuff, Very Queensryche'ish.
Only seen their albums in this area at Towers and their are a bit
expensive, $18.00 (US) each.

The song "Fire in the Head" is always in my head lately, love it, but
not sure why.

Ghost in the Ruins