HW: [Fwd: Sound alikes]

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Jul 31 12:48:08 EDT 1998

On Fri, 31 Jul 1998 10:05:47 -0500, you sent through the ether:

>Interesting observation from the Killing Joke mailing list regarding
>Hawkwind and Killing Joke.
>
>Comments?
>
>Karen

I remember being turned onto KJ around the time of their 1st single by a
fellow Hawkfan who claimed they sounded just like HW.. I could just
about see what he meant and loved KJ around the time of "Requiem" but
the influence going the other way? maybe via a younger Hawk member or if
the Hawks were recycling a riff of their own that KJ had also recycled..
:) I`m unfamiliar with the HW album in question so I`ll shut up now.

-S.