BOC: Am I alone in thinking this? (was revamped set)

David Hardman D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Mon Jun 1 10:35:51 EDT 1998

On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:

> > The first 3 studio albums, the live albums and Imaginos are the only BOC
> > LP's I can listen to from start to finish.
> > >From AoF onwards, cohesion and most of what they were _vanished_, on LP
> > anyway. IMO.
> >
> > Chris.
>
>         Actually, I agree here, though I think 'Cultosaurus Erectus' is an
> exception, and I find it hard to finish 'Imaginos'. But then, I only have
> the tape - does anyone still see the CD?

I find it hard to finish any LP by anyone these days, but maybe that's
just cos music generally doesn't grab me in the way it used to. That said,
I think you're a little hard on the Oyster Boys. Club Ninja aside, even
the weaker cuts on most albums are still pretty darn good.

I often see Imaginos in the larger record stores, Virgin, HMV, but maybe
that's just London. I did see a 2nd hand Imaginos this weekend for 6.99
sterling in Polar Bear records in Leeds.

Dave

David Hardman
HCI Design Centre
School of Informatics