BOC: Am I alone in thinking this? (was revamped set)

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Mon Jun 1 07:21:21 EDT 1998

> On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
>
> > > The first 3 studio albums, the live albums and Imaginos are the only BOC
> > > LP's I can listen to from start to finish.
> > > anyway. IMO.
> > >
> > > Chris.
> >
> >         Actually, I agree here, though I think 'Cultosaurus Erectus' is an
> > exception, and I find it hard to finish 'Imaginos'. But then, I only have
> > the tape - does anyone still see the CD?
>

> I find it hard to finish any LP by anyone these days, but maybe that's
> just cos music generally doesn't grab me in the way it used to. That said,
> I think you're a little hard on the Oyster Boys. Club Ninja aside, even
> the weaker cuts on most albums are still pretty darn good.

You gotta remember too...ALL OF BOC, with the exception of HF, is
pretty damn old by now. Sometimes an album's  weaker cuts get stronger with
age, but most often, they just get weaker.

--  Nick