boc go dance

Alasdair Macdonald alimac at NETCOMUK.CO.UK
Mon Jun 1 19:04:09 EDT 1998

On  1 Jun 98 at 16:21, David Hardman wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Jun 1998, Nick English wrote:
>
> > > BLUE OYSTER CULT to remix "Godzilla" into funky dance version to cash in
> > > on movie...
>
> > How do we stop this?! Actually, we're already sort of too late. A
> > couple years ago I was at a bar and I heard a dance remix of
> > 'Reaper'...NO KIDDING! No idea if BOC had anything to do with it or
> > even knew it existed though.
>
> Why stop it? I'd quite like to hear it, & if it brings BOC to a
> wider audience then all power to them. The REaper remix was Apollo
> 440, whoever they may be.

Apollo 440 also did an "Orgone Accumulator remix" of Astral America
on an earlier 12" of theirs. Not sure what to make of them; I nearly
put Krupa on my boc-l tape - their early stuff includes a few really
excellent techno sounds; Liquid Cool is a real classy single, but
Millenium Fever (the album which includes Don't Fear The Reaper -
also released on 12" with various mixes) is kind of a mixed bag. I
fear Apollo 440 never lived up to their early promise, least not on
their albums. 'Course the Van Halen thing they did rocked, as did
Krupa... but the DFTR thing semed pointless i always thought.

Alasdair
--
Page me online: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/1573250
Send me E-mail Express direct to my screen: 1573250 at pager.mirabilis.com