boc go dance

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Tue Jun 2 00:22:21 EDT 1998

> At 11:46 01/06/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >I wasn't serious when I said we should stop this. Doesn't matter one
> >way or the other to me. But it's completely naive to think it'll
> >expose BOC to a wider audience or increase sales or something like
> >that. NFW a dance remix of Zilla or Reaper would inspire your average
> >clubber to discover 70s metal.
> >
> >--  Nick
>
> Maybe not, but there's certainly some fertile hybridization possibilities -
> I heard some amazing stuff at "Science Fiction" nights at The Fridge
> acouple of years back - and not just due to better living through
> pharmacology ;-{)>
>
> It's probably the case that what I heard would go down better with "the
> other side" of this list, but I think it would have shocked most rock fans
> out of any preconceptions that they might have about "dance" & "techno".
>
> ChrisW
>
> Free your mind & watch your ass!

Are the HW fans more likely to embrace techno/dance stuff? I wouldn't
really have a clue. I'm rock and roll all the way...with the possible
exception of Devo. I bought a couple of HW tapes in my younger days,
but only after I learned that Lemmy used to be in the band. I pretty
much dismissed them, however, because they sounded very little like
Motorhead. I'd probably have a different perspective on them as an
adult.

--  Nick