tBS: Trepalert

Andrew A. Apold mordru at GEKKO.NET
Tue Jun 2 08:23:54 EDT 1998

>On mån 1 jun 1998 23.48 -0400 "Andrew A. Apold" <mordru at GEKKO.NET> wrote:
>> about 10:45 EST, discovery channel was showing some
>> kind of trepanation program.  Showed footage of some
>> tribal doctor in Africa doing trepanation, then going
>> over and treating healing wounds on people, mentioned
>> he had about a 75% survival rate, and showed a bunch
>> of skulls....
>
>     Presumably from the *other* 25% .... :)

Actually, from both.  They could tell in ancient skulls
whether the person healed or not.  If they healed the
edges were smooth, and gradually more and more circular
as the bone itself partly healed.  Where it didn't
it was still sharp and angular, in the manner it was
cut.

The live footage was both disturbing yet impossible to
turn away from....

Andrew A. Apold (mordru at gekko.net), aka | Tension
Roger Shrubstaff, Guildmaster of Reeves |  Apprehension
Duchy of Silverwater (BL), Amtgard      |    and Dissention
aka Asgrim Dragon -=UDIC=-              |     have begun.
+--------B-L-U-E--Ö-Y-S-T-E-R--C-U-L-T--+    -Alfred Bester
 "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random