BOC Bootleg EP

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 2 20:44:42 EDT 1998

Peter Worley writes:

> I saw a 12" vinyl album in a plain white sleeve titled 'BOC Bootleg EP' in
> a record store the other day, hung up on the wall and listed for about
> $70, if I remember correctly.  Is this representative of some of the
> collectors stuff out there?  I didn't think a band with as little 'popular

BOC came in at about 300 and something in a poll in the UK mag
Record Collector of the top 500 most collectable bands so there is
a Kolectors presence around of sorts.   I did see a BOC bootleg once
that someplace was asking 15 or 16 UK pounds for and the cover made
it seem like it was something rare and wonderful but it turned out that
it was only some Live 1972(?) tracks that were apparently already
available anyway - the kind of thing that Hawkwind have to put up with
a lot of the time.    I'm not really into BOC collecting at all but
I've never seen any other bootlegs for BOC so if this is not the 1972
tracks then it might be rare enough to be worth acquiring.   Maybe.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk