BOC: Astoria

Thu Jun 4 04:34:14 EDT 1998

Steve said

> I hate you Andy.
>
> I've been to see BOC something like 8 times, and I've yet to see The
> Vigil.

Hey, it's only the second time *I've* seen it!

> Last Days really has turned into a sort of mini-epic, though, hasn't it?

Yep, pretty epic.  Allen had just as much to do with it as Donald though!

> > And the chorus of "you fat bastard" during the drum solo!  Only in
> > England...
>
> What the hell is that from?  I've got s friend who uses that line
> occasionally, and he won't say where he got it from (actually, I have to
> suspect he was drunk when he picked it up, and doesn't remember...)

It started at football matches, where if a player appeared to be overweight,
you'd get said chants, usually interspersed with "who ate all the pies?".
The first time I came across it at a gig was Wolfsbane a few years ago, when
Blaze (not notably overweight) was greeted very enthusiastically.

Oh yeah - what's with these "25th anniversary" shirts?  It's 1998!

- Andy