BOC: Astoria

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Thu Jun 4 05:04:32 EDT 1998

> Good gig!
>
> Excellent boc-l turnout - lots of familair faces, lots of not familiar faces
> too.  Loads of the fuckers!

Must have been about a dozen at least. Our collective mugshot captured by
Grinning Boy's camera - hopefully get that scanned in. I'm still looking for
some pieces of my camera :-/ but I snapped a fair few of the band before it
got trashed.

> Highlights: A-number-one "Last Days", smashing "Live for Me" (I was
> surprised how much I liked that one), super "Vigil" (in spite of
> Rondinelli's crash-bang drumming which nearly spoiled it), "Lips", "Reaper",
> "Telepaths".

setlist was something like Burn4U/Cities/ETI/BucksBoogie/HarvestMoon/F-Telepath
s/
Vigil/LastDaysMay/SYIB/Godzilla/OD'd/Live4Me/LipsinHills/Reaper Enc: D+s

Yup, as in '95, Last Days of May was the `epic guitar solo centerpiece' of the
gig
and it surely deserved it. Awesome!  Somebody needs to get this version down on
disc.

Vigil was a highlight, basically because it was new to me live, and the new
songs
(Harvest Moon & Live for Me esp.) went down great.

Storming gig !

Tim

ObLesson: Don't go 70 miles to a gig when you're on 24 hour systems support :-P