BOC: Astoria

Thu Jun 4 07:23:33 EDT 1998

01bd8f43$0201dfe0$6a3f63c3 at default>

> From:          bart <bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK>

> > Highlights: A-number-one "Last Days", smashing "Live for Me" (I was
> > surprised how much I liked that one), super "Vigil" (in spite of
> > Rondinelli's crash-bang drumming which nearly spoiled it), "Lips", "Reaper",

Yeah, my only critique of Bobby is he overdoes it some times.  Albert
always had a lot better understanding of the material...

> > "Telepaths".
>
> setlist was something like Burn4U/Cities/ETI/BucksBoogie/HarvestMoon/F-Telepath
> s/
> Vigil/LastDaysMay/SYIB/Godzilla/OD'd/Live4Me/LipsinHills/Reaper Enc: D+s

Helluva setlist!  I'm psyched out of my mind to see 'em later this
month.  I've only heard them do LItH once.  Haven't heard FT in a
while either!

> Yup, as in '95, Last Days of May was the `epic guitar solo centerpiece' of the
> gig
> and it surely deserved it. Awesome!  Somebody needs to get this version down on
> disc.

Amen!  Last Days has been in the set for a while now, and it's better
than ever.  Wouldn't mind a good live recording of Buck's Boogie
either, which also seems to be getting better and better...

theo

"...Cause it makes me mad,
And I get evil as a man can be."
                --A.K.