BOC: Astoria

David Hardman D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Thu Jun 4 09:15:14 EDT 1998

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> > The overall sound last night I thought was fantastic - perhaps the best
> > I've ever heard them. Buck's lead lines soared crystal clear. Eric had a
> > bit of a sound problem with his guitar early on, leading to a guitar
> > change which quickly sorted matters out.
>
>      Actually, when Allen was supposed to do a keys break in "BB", there
> was nothing coming out--techies appeared wielding flashlights, but in the
> meantime Buck stepped in a filled it out with an extra series of guitar
> breaks.

Sheesh! The things you miss when yer having a good time. You know, I woke
up this morning and as I was trying to recall the setlist I suddenly
realised I couldn't remember there being a keyboard break in BB, but
thought maybe I'd forgotten. Buck obviously did a good job of filling in
then, cos I didn't notice anything wrong.

I did notice that Eric got the lyric wrong in "Lips" - "I've been
stripped, the insulation's gone" appeared in both the first and second
verse (I think it's meant to be the second?).

Dave

David Hardman
HCI Design Centre
School of Informatics