OFF: Scientology// DUMPSTER DIVING

The Automind antisol at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 4 21:08:32 EDT 1998

>hahahaha...
>
>i'll be sending you a shopping list soon. ;)
>i don't know what your laws are concerning treasure-hunting in
>dumpsters, but in the U.S., if they throw it out, its anybody's
>property. If they call the cops, the cops will tell them to leave you
>alone, so long as you are not making a mess or disturbance.

I knew that, but I think because they rent the dumpster (and must own
the land its on, right?) its still their property. My friend stopped me,
but I was trying to get the guy so infuriated that he actually DID call
the cops. When he went inside to use the phone we could've ran off with
the monitors, then watched from a distance when they arrived. How would
the police have dealt with this situation, where this lunatic is
screaming at them to go after that two hippies who had stolen broken
computer monitors from his church's trash?

>it would have been interesting if you could have retrieved the HDDs
>from the old 386's.

FUCK!!! I didn't think of that! the hard drives could easily be
intact... who knows what could be on them! I'm going back tonight before
the subway shuts down, I only hope that they haven't been emptied yet.

  screwdrivers...check!
  wire snips...check!
  flashlight...check!

  Our Zemu, which art in space, tua culpa, tua culpa, tua maxima
culpa...