BOC: Shirley's new book

Fri Jun 5 04:44:37 EDT 1998

Only because I wanted something to read on the train, OK, anyway I got John
Shirley's new collection, _Black Butterflies_, yesterday.  It's divided into
two halves: "This World" fairly straight _noir_, "That World"
horror/supernatural.  One of the "That World" stories is called "Flaming
Telepaths".

I've read a couple of the "This World" stories so far - OK, nothing Jim
Thompson didn't do 40 years ago, and pale in comparison to real classics
like Derek Raymond's _I Was Dora Suarez_ (plug plug), but OK all the same.

But since I got a massive shipment from amazon.com this morning, including
Mick Farren's _The Time of Feasting_, the other stories may have to wait...

- Andy