HW: Private gig

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Jun 5 12:38:30 EDT 1998

Hi Chris

And welcome

Chris Croughton writes:

> Thanks - I'm the person FoFP mentioned.  Short bio:
>
>   I first came across Hawkwind at university, '75-'78.  I like the band but
>   I don't know details about them (like who's in or out of the band at the
>   moment etc.), so I guess I'm not a 'fan' in that sense <g>.

Don't worry - not even those who know Hawkwind well know who's in band
sometimes!   When last heard it was Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick (drums)
Ron Tree, Jerry Richards -

> run tech if they want someone else to do it).  Things I don't know about are
> venue and finance (you really don't want me doing financial things, trust me!),
> but I know people who do know about such things from the SF fandom side.

Where are you planning to hold your con?   We've no venue planned but I
guess we should look for something close by - or maybe could take over a
chunk of your venue if there are conference facilities available or a
big enough room?    I guess a nearby hall would probably do and we could
get our own licence if there isn't already one?

Someone on this list offered tech support as well, a while back.   Would
you and he be willing to talk and arrange something?

I think Bernard is co-ordinating various people's offers of help and
finance so he's the person to keep in touch with.

Welcome on board!

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk