HW: Private gig

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at GELSENKIRCHEN.NETSURF.DE
Fri Jun 5 12:35:19 EDT 1998

Hello Chris

I am (with Mike Holmes) the creator of the idea to let do HAWKWIND a
private gig for the fans.

I asked the fans to write to me a mail and let me know if they could help
to organize such a gig and let me know how much money they would pay to see
such a gig happen.

What I have now received are about 1200 US$ !!!!
I am sure that this is not enough.

SO WAKE UP ALL YOU FANS OUT THERE AND LET ME KNOW THAT YOU WANT SPENT SOME
MONEY TO SEE OUR BAND PLAYING LIVE FOR US!!!!!!!!

Paul Ward was in phone contact to DAVE BROCK from Hawkwind. And Dave said
that he is really interested to do such a gig, and it would be best if they
could play during a (maybe) Science Fiction convention.

I am the one who is trying to coordinate all the things (collecting money,
stay in touch with the band and looking for guy who are able to get such an
event running.

What we have to do now is the following:

- ask Dave when the band has the time (my part)
- ask Dave how much money he really needs (my part)
- find a venue and occasion where the band could play (your part)
- stay in touch with the band (Paul Wards and Guy Thomas part)
- collecting the money when all problems are fixed (Mike Holmes part ??)

What else do we have to do????

cheers
Bernhard