HW: Private gig

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Sat Jun 6 08:12:47 EDT 1998

> > What I have now received are about 1200 US$ !!!!
> > I am sure that this is not enough.
>
> I'm sure it isn't!  However I assume we only want *offers* of financial
> support at this stage - not absolute commitment?   I'm sure folk don't
> want to be too definite just yet - in case nothing happens!

Well, there are lots of HW fans probably not on this list in newsgroups
like rec.music.progressive or alt.music.spacerock who would be interested
in this too. Some postings there (and any other applicable newsgroups)
calling for attention/contributions is a good idea (not SPAMMING for it
tho!). If we could use a single email address for all things regarding the
idea it would be easier.

Also I was thinking: there is no Hawkwind webring.... (?) BOC has one,
Moorcock has one ;-) Either way if everyone with a HW related site could
announce this idea on their site with the contact address for the project I
think it would catch the attention(span) of people who only use the net for
the www :)

Chr.

Ob!!: Hari Om Sundown! (I thought you were joking Jon)

> > What we have to do now is the following:
> >
> > - ask Dave when the band has the time (my part)
> > - ask Dave how much money he really needs (my part)
> > - find a venue and occasion where the band could play (your part)
> > - stay in touch with the band (Paul Wards and Guy Thomas part)
> > - collecting the money when all problems are fixed (Mike Holmes part
??)

> > What else do we have to do????
>
> One thing at I time I suggest.    We've got the interest and some of the
> commitment so we really need to wait a bit to find out exactly what
> Dave B expects from his venues, as well as his tech requirements and his
> finances.   Once this is established we can see what's available and
> whether the two aspects agree with each other.   If not - I guess we
> think again!
>
> jill

> J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
>                                                 ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk

"The future's so bright, I've got to wear a fucking welder's mask."
                - Fish