OFF: Snuff

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Sun Jun 7 08:32:45 EDT 1998

> On lör 6 jun 1998 13.21 +0200 Christian000Mumford <mumford at ONLINE.NO>
wrote:
> > ObPurchase: Monster Magnet _Powertrip_ (NP) and _Space Lord_ single -
> > woohoo!
>
>      Anything interesting on the single that's not on the album?

Yeah! Actually their cover of MC5's Kick Out The Jams (from whom they stole
the album name) and their track Big God (reminds me of the feel of Spine of
God and early mini-albums and single B sides like Elephant Bell - i.e. more
of the sinister and psychedelic). Definetly get this single as it makes up
for a weak track or two on Powertrip :)

Also, the Kula Shaker version of Hurry On Sundown - I actually like the
track Sound of Drums better cause its got a really spacey synth outro (and
honestly isn't a bad song :)! (I thought the HW track too trad sounding...)

Chr.

> --
> Carl Edlund Anderson
> Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
> St. John's College, University of Cambridge
> mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk
> http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~carl/

"If I'm free, it's because I'm always running"
   - Jimi Hendrix