HW: Private gig

Chris Croughton crough45 at AMC.DE
Mon Jun 8 02:12:13 EDT 1998

J Strobridge wrote:

> Don't worry - not even those who know Hawkwind well know who's in band
> sometimes!   When last heard it was Dave Brock, Richard Chadwick (drums)
> Ron Tree, Jerry Richards -

Right, I won't worry about being a Real Fan(tm) then <g>...

> Where are you planning to hold your con?   We've no venue planned but I
> guess we should look for something close by - or maybe could take over a
> chunk of your venue if there are conference facilities available or a
> big enough room?    I guess a nearby hall would probably do and we could
> get our own licence if there isn't already one?

I don't have a con; my idea was to hold one specially, possibly with a theme
of "music in SF".  I don't know of any existing cons which would be suitable
this close (yes, 1999 is generally 'close', people running cons then will
generally be already budgetted and have their venue booked), but Ali suggested
that she does have one.

You really don't want to try to get a licence for a gig in a hall without a
music licence.  That way lies madness.  Far easier to find a hall with a music
licence (and they might already have tech gear, which may or may not help).

> Someone on this list offered tech support as well, a while back.   Would
> you and he be willing to talk and arrange something?

Well, I'm willing, I don't know about him <g>.  Yes, I can work as tech crew
under him if he has more experience, or under HW's techie if they have one.
I'm not interested in ego, if someone else has more experience than me and
wants to boss tech then that's fine by me.

> Welcome on board!

Thanks.

(BTW, in spite of the German eddress I am British, I'm working in Germany.
Just in case anyone was wondering...)

Chris C