HW: Private gig

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Jun 8 04:17:39 EDT 1998

In article <Version.32.19980605181941.00dffa60 at mail.castrop-
rauxel.netsurf.de>, Bernhard Pospiech <bernhard.pospiech at GELSENKIRCHEN.N
ETSURF.DE> writes
> And Dave said
>that he is really interested to do such a gig, and it would be best if they
>could play during a (maybe) Science Fiction convention.

Am I being really stupid here, or is HW playing at a Sci-Fi convention,
and all the talk about ticket prices, advertising etc not even remotely
a *private* gig? What is the principle here exactly? Are you looking to
stage an intimate session for list-memebers and affiliates or is it a
show that anyone can turn up to, buying a ticket on the door etc. as per
usual.

Could someone clarify the difference to me?
--
Jon