HW: Private gig

Mon Jun 8 08:05:03 EDT 1998

On mån 8 jun 1998 09.17 +0100 "Jon Browne" <jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK> wrote:
> Am I being really stupid here, or is HW playing at a Sci-Fi convention,
> and all the talk about ticket prices, advertising etc not even remotely
> a *private* gig? What is the principle here exactly? Are you looking to
> stage an intimate session for list-memebers and affiliates or is it a
> show that anyone can turn up to, buying a ticket on the door etc. as per
> usual.
> Could someone clarify the difference to me?

     I, too, would like some clarification on this.  A private gig is
one thing, but--while I think a "music in SF" con headed by HW would
be a cool thing--well, that's basically a regular gig in an unusual
venue.  I'm not sure whether the list would be as keen to finance that,
no more than they would be to finance other regular gigs.

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson