HW: Private gig

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jun 8 09:55:02 EDT 1998

Bernhard Pospiech writes:

> What we have to do now is the following:
>
> - ask Dave when the band has the time (my part)
> - ask Dave how much money he really needs (my part)
> - find a venue and occasion where the band could play (your part)
> - stay in touch with the band (Paul Wards and Guy Thomas part)
> - collecting the money when all problems are fixed (Mike Holmes part ??)

> What else do we have to do????

We have to get Hawkwind nailed down on this so that they can't pull out
due to some management screwup on their side of things. That's happened
too often in recent years for me to feel easy about just making this a
gentleman's agreement. Of course they would be cutting of the hand that
feeds them in this case.

Also, once we have the band nailed down we ought to broach the issue of
inviting ex-hawks. We'd have to ensure that there wasn't any potential
acrimony there.

> cheers
> Bernhard

FoFP