HW: Private gig information

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Jun 8 11:38:40 EDT 1998

In article <6496936D88FFD011B1D800A024CB5C5F196239 at VEG12_EXCH>,
Pospiech, Bernhard <Bernhard.Pospiech at DSM-GROUP.COM> writes
>The answer is very easy: Dave Brock doesn't want to do a very private gig in
>a dark cellar or undder a huge tree just for the fans. He seems to be
>interested to do a gig during a SF-Con.

Well, I thought the original idea of a castle was better.
I also think the castle is a better idea as some form of camp-out/all
nighter was what people had in mind, no?

I'm not going to mouth off as I'm just maxxed out at the moment and
can't get as involved as I'd like, but it occurs to me that a gig at a
con (with us underwriting it), wouldn't even be as good as us promoting
an all-nighter at the Brixton Acadamy (with us underwriting it.) The
Acadamy, in fact, would be a damn sight easier to book and promote.
Not that I'm recommending that BTW. I still like the idea of a private
gig in a castle. OK, Arundel's probably booked, but I'll bet there's
similar alternates. A huge tree sounds better to me, than a hotel.

A nice marquee in a field in summer, all legal and private sounds pretty
close to perfect, to me.    Maybe I'm weird or unrealistically nostagic.
I thought this was Dave's sort of scene too, really.

Some hotel full of indifferent SF fans sounds a bit, well.....

If i'm just kicking the buckets over and walking off, tell me to shut
up, please.

This August is the 10th anniversary of Bob's passing. Trevor tells me
the band want to mark that in some way, too....
--
Jon