HW Private gig information ===

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Jun 8 12:01:04 EDT 1998

In article <9982B019DCFDD0118EF700A0C944C9AC6FF1B4 at SYN1MX2>, Cutting,
Richard <richard.cutting at SYNOPSYS.LTD.UK> writes
>I agree. Personally I don't care where the gig is and under what
>circumstances, I just want to see Hawkwind play ! We get so few gigs
>these days that anything would be a bonus.

That's fair enough but, if it's pretty much a regular gig we're
essentially acting as promotors for, well, cool, but it should
approached as such. Booking the Acadamy or somewhere would be easier and
less financially risky, we could get it all night and have a great time.
It wouldn't be private, but maybe that wouldn't be a big problem under
those circumstances, I dunno.

>I wonder if it would be possible for list-members to submit the songs
>that they would like to hear played, maybe some stuff from the back
>catalogue that doesn't get much of an airing anymore.  They seem to have
>played most of the favourites when I have seen them, but I would prefer
>to see a more rocky set ( along the lines of 'This is Hawkwind Do Not
>Panic' ) rather than the rather synth orientated sets that they've been
>playing lately.  maybe we could get Dave to drop the synth twiddling and
>play the guitar for a change !!!

Moon on a stick! Moon on a stick!!

--
Jon