HW: Private gig information

Si Halley sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Mon Jun 8 14:48:19 EDT 1998

Subject: Re: HW: Private gig information

>Seeing Hawkwind play the Warrior set in a castle would be pretty close
>to perfect for me. However, most of the castles we could book for this
>sort of events are hotels also and would probably glance askew at us
>wanting to camp and run a rock gig. The hotels which are ruins would be
>prohibited to us as protected buildings though we might be able to get
>close to them in a nearby private field.

Just a suggestion along the castle idea.
Try Heuxmonseux castle (sorry that`s not the right spelling) in East Sussex.
They hold a medievil fair (which is why I know it) which has camping etc
every summer. Its currently a US college but few students stay over the
summer. The stage could be set up right in front of the castle as it`s a
hard standing or in a marquee if prefered as there is acres of room. You
wouldn`t probably have access to the actual castle on the day but you can
stay/rent a room inside by arrangement. It`s about 1 1/2 hours drive from
London. There is also a world reknown (I`m told) observatory there (to add a
spacey link) and astronomer Patrick Moore is involved in that.
The Medeival fair normally has a web page if you do a yahoo search which I
can`t do right now but the site would have a bit more info and maybe pics.

Also, from what I remember of Paul`s post re Dave`s thoughts. It seemed to
me that Dave didn`t nessecarily mean a scifi con. Just a more major fan
event i.e. Hawkfans. Something along the lines of a HAWKcon 2

Just thoughts thrown out...

Si

-----
"I`ve got 'some' answers to 'most' of your questions!"
The Alice Cooper Trivia File -
http://village.vossnet.co.uk/s/sihalley/intro.html
My Tubes Page - http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Mezzanine/7998/