BOC: "No-Zilla"

Nick English nick at THECAMPUS.COM
Tue Jun 9 06:37:52 EDT 1998

>  This past weekend, I bought a
> copy of the 1992 release of "Godzilla vs King Ghidorah" so I could watch
> the REAL Godzilla in action.
>
> John

Ha! I bought it too! I've been waiting for those 90s Japanese flicks
to get a U.S. release. They also have Godzilla vs. Mothra, you know.
BTW John...I've ranted on and on about how bad the U.S. Godzilla is,
but out of curiosity, did the plot of King Ghidorah leave you
scratching your head a bunch? It did me...I have a feeling whoever
dubbed it didn't quite get it right.

Also, when this movie came out in Japan, I remember hearing that it
was widely perceived as anti-American. I didn't really get that
impression. Again, perhaps some creative dubbing.

My final impression:  Despite its flaws, a ton more entertaining and
satisfying than the U.S. Godzilla.

--  Nick