HW: Private gig information

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Jun 10 06:19:04 EDT 1998

In article <199806091012.LAA19541 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk>, M Holmes
<fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> writes
>It ain't the absolutely perfect Hawkwind gig but it is a realistically
>possible Hawkwind gig and one which Dave has said he'll pull out the
>stops to make special. Add that to the possibilities of reunion type
>guests and we can make something of this that we'll be proud to have
>done.
>
>If someone is willing to take up the mantle to organise something better
>and it can be made realistically possible then I'd be willing to
>withdraw in favour of that. Short of such an offer I think it would be
>worthwhile for me to put my efforts into this.
>
>What do you guys think?

This is a very saliant point. What you're proposing is do-able.

If my circumstances were different, I would go for an outdoor show, but
agreed, it is much more work, and things at home are so turbulent I
cannot even commit myself to this so, really, I should shut up.

I would still like to see an event like that. Maybe next year. I can't
even make it to Glastonbury this year. :(

BTW my brother's band are having a private gig/single launch party
at The Hellfire Caves, West Wycombe in a couple of weeks. It looks like
being a right blast.

sorry for stirring it.
--
Jon