Tape Swap

Christian000Mumford mumford at ONLINE.NO
Wed Jun 10 10:16:06 EDT 1998

> I think I can say with utmost certainty, that nothing on Christian's tape
will
> overlap with *anybody*. :-)
>
> Its, err, a challenging  90 minutes.

Hey, was the tape supposed to be good? :)) I certainly enjoyed making it!
Some of my sources were extremely lo-fi, but if nothing else they add a
nice "earthy texture" to ones "listening pleasure" :)

Here are the artists on the tape if anyone needs to know:

David McCallum
Legendary Stardust Cowboy
Bedlam Four
(The Marvel World of) Icarus
Beef Boys
The Breakers
Jimmy Cross
The Novas

+ plus some spoken bits from various film/radio sources here and there.

"The Crusher" by The Novas is pretty well known, I somehow recall wrestler
Freddie Blassie singing this (a nightmare!?) and I am sure The Cramps must
have covered this too. Indeed ICU did it on the Imperial Pompadours Ersatz
album. Ditto for Ledge's "I Took A Trip (On A Space Shuttle)"  but ICU
covered
his original version called "I Took A Trip (On A Gemini Space Craft)".
Though
Ledge's 'updated' 80s version is on the tape. (on-topic factoid mania!)

Though if anyone knows anything about the Beef Boys (no idea where the
recording is from, rumored to be Louisiana, carbon dating sometime in the
80s...)... I have no tracklist/info for them. Maybe there are secret Beef
Boys fans or members lurking on this list. I'll put the tape card up at
http://home.eunet.no/~christmu/boctape.gif

Christian

"You gotta touch the hand that tickles you to death."
   - Monster Magnet