BOC: "No-Zilla"

SPRAWL sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM
Wed Jun 10 13:06:24 EDT 1998

Andrew A. Apold wrote:

> Ah, but did they or didn't they?  I disagree here, they didn't
> alter the past, because the entire thing was already in their
> past.  Not a thing changed in the past of that future we were
> shown from before and after they sent Willis to the past.
> There present had already taken all of that into account, as it
> were.  Rather depressingly predestinationist, I suppose...

and i disagree with this. this is exactly what i meant originally.
this is a loop, that cannot occur. presumably, the sweaty dr loosed the
virus at point a.   but that doesnt explain why willis's character
recognized events and people. so, that bit must always have been. but
time travel was implemented BECAUSE of the virus. so if they had never
done the timetravel, dr sweat must have loosed the virus.
tell me that the leading lady's role was not changed by timetravel.
or the pimp that willis beat to death...  the good thing about this
movie was that they didnt even approach the subject of people fading out
of existence and all.  it was simple, and that's why it worked.

think i'll go watch it again, now.  =)

rj
> One of my favorite quotes, from "Excalibur",

i always liked that bit too.