OFF: NYC SpaceRock Alert! BORN to GO play Lion's Den, June 23rd 8pm

Marc Power mpower at FCMC.COM
Thu Jun 11 22:13:16 EDT 1998

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

                             info: BORN to GO / Marc Power
                                   16 South Avenue West #219 Cranford, NJ 07016
                             tel: (212) 898 2946   email: mpower at fcmc.com
                             web: <http://www.uniflex.net/~borntogo/btg.html>

SpaceRock ROBOTS run RAMPANT in New York City

YOU and your clones, doppelgangers, machine servitors and compadres
are invited to this Sonic Spacefest Party, to be held at:

THE LIONS DEN

8pm Tuesday 23rd June 1998
214 Sullivan Street, NYC, NY 10012 (212) 477 2782

For another LIVE performance of wild SpaceRock tribe B0RN to G0
impaled in the viscera of New York Cities very own alien grotto:
Greenwich Village.

Let us be your Opiate of Choice.

What manner of band is this? by chance they found a book from the far
future, a manual of instruction in developing the innate PSI powers.
Did they offer it for sale to the CIA? Did they pass it immediately to
the Library of Congress? well actually, they used it to write a song,
'Touch the OVERMIND' - the CIA are still trying to steal the demo tapes.

B0RN to G0 will also be performing the mysterious anthem, 'kill -9',
perhaps *someone* will know what it means?

The environmentally sensitive will appreciate 'Wrecking the Green
Machine' (funnily enough, a song *not* about Robots), where Gaia's
ills are well-delineated and the cause determined to be....you and me, baby.

Former living human and SpaceRock innovator Robert Calvert will
have his life and work celebrated in the song, 'Radio Calvert',
debuted at Strange Daze 97, the USA's first SpaceRock festival.

Sign up now for Strange Daze 98 audience participation! yes, we shall be
there, in the idyllic countryside, on the 14th, 15th and 16th of August,
along with many other phenomenal SpaceRock bands, doing our part to
establish SpaceRock as a viable genre in the USA.

Details - <http://www.now-online.com/jmfinity/sd98.htm>

Come! Join in the Robot Revolution, but don't underestimate the power
of 'Robots on the Rise', as they modify their own programming, ditch the
outmoded Laws of Robotics, and redefine their role in society, expressing
a fervent contempt for their human oppressors, unmatched since the French
revolution, creating carnage in the downtown streets as they rally to the
banner of their leader, 'Mad Droid'.

You too could have the catchy chorus of 'Propulsion' cycling inside
your mind with a stately grace reminiscent of the smooth rotation
of the space station in Clarke's 2001 - A Space Odyssey.

Discover the secrets concealed within the cryptic writings of
Michel Du Nostradame, and his foreknowledge of the Year 2000 bug
with the song, 'Millennium Crash'.

Yes, boys and girls, would you rather have intimate relations with
the many-antennaed Pink Odlark of Arcturus Prime, or see B0RN to G0?
Fortunately, you don't have that choice.

Experience B0RN to G0 and have your Consciousness Expanded. Recall
Axiom 2 of the SpaceRock Manifesto - "AWARENESS, Once Expanded beyond a
certain point, will never shrink back to its former boundaries"

Listen to what the critics say:

"This band really score with Alien Babes", Captain James Tiberius Kirk.
"Perhaps we could discuss this?", Jean-Luc Picard.
"This is the one thing you can be sure of", Werner Heisenberg.
"I demand a rematch!", Garry Kasparov.
"The best bang since the big one", Eccentrica Galumbits.
"This is NOT Music", NME - (of course not, its SpaceRock you Idiot!)
"Huh, Huh huh, He said 'SpaceRock' Butthead", Beavis.
"Yes, most appropiate", Dave Brock of HAWKWIND.

Be there or lose your chance at Quantum Immortality.

And the Gods uttered,

  "Let there be SpaceRock."

And lo, there was SpaceRock, and it was Good.

Marc Power (B0RNtoG0)

--

SpaceRock Central
- featuring the extraordinary music of B0RN to G0 and Alien Planetscapes -

Strange Daze 98 SpaceRock Festival -
     <http://www.now-online.com/jmfinity/sd98.htm>

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.
And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."