BOC: Covers

Albert T Bouchard ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun Jun 14 12:56:50 EDT 1998

John wrote:

>Highway Star?? - Can't confirm this.  Someone has sworn that they saw
>BOC do this in the late 70s - Bolle has said the band never did it live,
>but may have used it during soundchecks.  Albert?

BOC never played this while I was in the band. The band before BOC, Stalk
Forrest, did lots of covers though. I've just been transferring to DAT
approximately 20 hours of live tapes from 70-71 before we were called BOC
and we played tons of covers. Here's partial list:
All Along the Watchtower
Hey Bulldog
Getting Better All the Time
And Your Bird Can Sing
Me and My Monkey
Under My Thumb
Street Fighting Man
Honkey Tonk Woman
Jumpin Jack Flash
Live With Me
Substitute
Jesus Is Just All Right
Badge
Aimless Lady
Casey Jones
Ohio
Woodstock
Cinnamon Girl
All Right Now
Rock and Roll Star
Ooo Baby Baby
Turn Back the Hands of Time
Lola
Good Time Bad Times
Communication Breakdown
Whole Lotta Love

...Plus a whole bunch of originals that I thought we lost to the sands of
time. Cool stuff. There is one of Eric's originals called 'Highway Song'
that Joe mislabeled 'Highway Star' but it's nothing like the DP song. When
I saw the above post I had to check it out.

Joe found these tapes when we were looking for the original masters for the
Helen Wheels EP and I've just got around to them. The quality is so-so but
I wanted to transfer them before the tapes fall apart.