HW: Current Hawk Situation

Mon Jun 15 10:47:52 EDT 1998

On mån 15 jun 1998 09.21 -0400 SPRAWL <sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM> wrote:
> as for the two most recent albums, i see it the other way.  i LOVE alien
> 4, and only care for a couple of tracks on DH.

     I'm there for this one.  _A4_ was a good step back towards the
actually fairly heady heights of the _PS_/_ET_ period.  _DH_ has
moments, and is interesting--but not enough.  They really need to
get it together, and they're spending too much time just faffing
about at the moment.
     The Blackheath gig last June promised great things.  Unfortunately,
while the great things from Blackheath were on _DH_, there weren't
any _other_ great things on _DH_ ...

> i think HW will spring back, but i DO thing they need a bass player.

     Ron is a lot better than I thought he would be, but he's not
Alan (or Lemmy ;)  He's settled in better than we might have hoped
otherwise.
     I think the real problem is too much filler on _DH_ and not
enough decent space-rock songs.

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic