HW:Warrior+EMI/ramble remastering/state of affairs?

Bob Lennon Hawkwinder at AOL.COM
Mon Jun 15 20:17:44 EDT 1998

<< Christian000Mumford wrote:

 > Davey leaving the band probably did more damage than Brock might care to
 > admit as well? Not because of fans etc, I am thinking as a force within the
 > band and label, creatively and otherwise. Either way, HW have had it FAR
 > worse and come back full force in the past.
 > Chr.

 rj wrote:
 i agree. i feel that davey's leaving can be considered Devastating.
 i think HW will need to work double hard to bounce back. since he left,
 things have not been near as good.  just took me a while to admit it.
 i think they should work out a deal. i mean, davey supposedly left to
 advance solocareer, but who says he has only to be part of a single
 band?

 rj

i also agree, but i also have seen the band change and grow with each line-up
and i've begun to view it as the way things are with the hawks. The leaving of
a valuable and loved member of Hawkwind is usually painful for the fans (and
likely
the band as well) but i see it as an oportunity for the Hawks to continue
their
tradition of staying out of a rut and not ending up as "just another Nostalgia
band".
I have long since stopped dreading these inevitable line-up changes and have
accepted them as part of the Hawkwind scene.
I don't consider Distant Horizons to be one of the best releases by the band,
but
we have all learned to rely on them to get it on course and continue to be an
outstanding rock band. I also deeply agree with ron's suggestion that Alan
consider continued involvement in Hawkwind. Every time a member of Hawkwind
leaves and spins off a good solo career, the fans always end up on the winning
side:
We keep Hawkwind as well as gaining a new sound to appreciate (ie ICU,
motorhead, Bedouin, Nik Turner, Bob Calvert etc...)
bl