HW: Rickies (was HW: Current Hawk Situation)

Tue Jun 16 08:15:36 EDT 1998

>>> (and do all the bass players on the list play the
>>>same MODEL bass, at least on the HW side ;^)?)
>>
>>Nope.. Fender Mustang cos I`ve got tiny hands.. :)
>>...now if only they`d make a Kiddiebacker..

     You must have small hands!  I always thought Ricks were fairly
well suited towards small hands, compared to some other basses.
Well, shows what I know :)

> Me neither, I've a handmade Patrick Eggle 5.
> But I would swap for a 5 or 8 stringed Rickie any day.

     I wouldn't know what to do with more than 4 strings on a bass :)

[warning: unashamed musiciany gushing follows :) ]

     But more importantly, I love my '76 4001 (probably even more
than my Gibson LP Std, but shhh! Don't tell it!).  The wiring and
pickups have both been messed around with, the neck is like a
a proverbial dream, and it can definitely for sure make a heck
of a noise :)  Last week I stood in on bass for some guys at an
impromptu performance (when the headline act for a gig didn't show
up and there was some time to kill :)  and played through a borrowed
Ampeg stack.  Yeeeeooow!  What a sound!  Beat the heck out of my
knackered old Peavey TNT 160.  Rendered the little DOD bass distortion
pedal I have pretty damn redundant :)

Cheers,
Carl

--