HW: Rickies and other fine Axes!

LN1GJT Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Tue Jun 16 09:51:28 EDT 1998

Now then folks, if we're talking axes, I play a hand made 12 string elctric -
made it myself, using bits of a Westone, customising the headstock, in order to
accomadate the extra M-heads!  Before I re-built that guitar, it was identical
to the one that Westone gave to Dave B back in the early eighties, (Westone
Paduak - MK1) I painted mine, with the cover of the Warior LP, Dave saw it, and
decided that his HAD to be painted the same way! (So now you all know!)

Dave then changed his P/U as the original Westone P/U weas damned loud, but
with as much sound quality as a farting cow!  Unfortunately, I damaged the body
on mine, and so, when I re-built it into a 12 string, it lost the hand-painted
finish! Mine also acquired new P/Us too.

I've also currently got a superb Bass that I made a few years back (Any offers
welcome?) Maple Precission Blue Body, Ibanez Jazz-Bass Pick up, Left handed
Double Eagle neck (even tho it's a R/H guitar!), gold hardware,  quite a unique
instrument - lovely rich sound and great action! Sustains like the Custom-3 Les
Paul in Spinal Tap, even while you're having your cup of tea!

I suspect tho, that I'm like most people. I can sing, and I can (sort of!!)
play Bass and/or Rhythm guitar.  I CAN'T do both together tho - not even
"Spirit of the Age" and that's only two chords!

We ought to get together another HW tribute band, and play at the proposed
private gig!