SpaceRock Bassists play...

Tue Jun 16 13:06:01 EDT 1998

 From:          Carl Edlund Anderson <cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK>

>      That said, I see a lot of bands these days with Gibson guitars
> and Rick basses--and that's the way I like it :)

Gov't Mule uses Gibson gtrs AND basses.  Woody usually uses a
semi-hollowbdy ES-style bass.  What model's that?  Also uses a
SG-type [EB-3?] and Thunderbirds.  I had a great T-bird once that I
foolishly sold...

Guy in Bevis Frond [ex-HW?] used a EB-3 when I saw them a few weeks
back.  Beautiful sound.

LPs wax and wane in popularity but never go away.  Around here, the
only gtr anyone plays is a Strat...

>      [I'm wary of signature pickups, and signature gear in general,
> but I've heard good things about the new Iommi pickups.  Anyone
> actually tried/heard the beggars?]

Haven't heard them personally, but they've gotten good reviews.  I've
always had great results with Duncan JBs, and the PAF-type model
's great too...

> Cheers,
> Carl
>
> --
> Carl Edlund Anderson
> Dept. of Anglo-Saxon, Norse, & Celtic
> St. John's College, University of Cambridge
> mailto:cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk
> http://hea-www.harvard.edu/~carl/

theo

'...Cause it makes me mad,