HW:Warrior+EMI/ramble remastering/state of affairs?

Mark Edmonds mmje at MMJE.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon Jun 15 15:27:50 EDT 1998

In article <199806141309.PAA27251 at online.no>, Christian000Mumford
<mumford at ONLINE.NO> writes
>> Does anyone know if EMI are going to do a remaster of Warrior as they
>have
>> done with their other LPs?  They made such a good job of the rest it's a
>> shame that it's missing!
>>
>> eldritch
>>

>Does anyone know the excact story why they have not done this already?? I
>know it has something to do with sub-licencing etc. as the CD has been on
>different labels than the other UA/EMI discs (they've been on CD (in
>UK) on EMI, why Warrior on Dojo?).

I don't know where I got this idea from but I was under the impression
there was some problem with the master tapes - like the originals no
longer exist or something. I hope that's not the case though! I would be
willing to bet a virtual fiver that Motorhead on the DoJo release was
transfered from vinyl.

>And what about the Charisma/76-78 era?? Astounding/Quark/PXR5/Hawklords 25
>Years On (maybe even the Hawklords Live on the same disc?), those 4 albums
>are as classic as the early ones.

Yes! That would be fantastic!

>I'd see no point in remastering...
>(like who needs a remaster of Levitation!?)

I would out of curiosity. I don't really know what I am talking about
here but I would expect that the original master wouldn't be 44KHz 16bit
(CD standard?) so you would probably need to resample it. With fancy
things like super bitmapping and such, I wouldn't be surprised if you
could end up with something sounding marginally better.

Anyone got the dope on Warrior and digital masters?

--
Mark Edmonds